Stuck for an idea of what to create next? Your next creative photo could be sitting right in your fruit bowl. With a little imagination, everyday objects around your home can become wildly creative works of art. Still not convinced? Take a look at the work from visual artist Aravis Dolmenna for inspiration on how to bring inanimate objects to life and making the ordinary extraordinary.
There’s no limit to how many concepts you can try with the one item and to demonstrate this Aravis has executed over 25 different creative ideas all starring the humble banana. Who would have thought that a piece of fruit could transform into so many different concepts from animals to viking ships. Without further ado let’s look at the different shapes and stories behind this masquerading piece of fruit.
Heres 25 different ways to get creative with Bananas:
Monkey around and turn banana hands into actual hands!
2. Add some white paint and you have a beautiful swan gliding over a lake
3. Create some Russian bananas, when you open them there is another smaller banana inside
4. Wrap it up! Who knows what could be inside?
5. Add a dorsal fin and you have a beautiful dolphin.
6. Paint yourself a trio of parrots in the jungle
7. Make it stand out! Funny how fruit tries to stand out to encourage animals to eat it and thus distribute its seed, but animals try to blend in, apparently they would rather not be eaten
8. Create a pair of cute pink piglets
9. Make a simple incision and add some paint and you have an elephant
10. Cut some shapes out of peel to create a cute dog
11. Bananas in love! Transform the peel into an intimate embrace
12. From three and a half bananas to a sitting duck
13. No art-ificial colours here! Just the entire rainbow
14. A monochrome colour study, what’s inside a blue banana?
15. Create something to smile about!
16. A sweet mermaid for breakfast
17. Let the very hungry caterpillar take a bite out of it
18. Let your creativity sail away on a Viking vessel
19. Sliced your banana the wrong way? Better lace it back up!
20. When you peel back a banana you never know who might be looking back at you
21. Is it a peeled banana or a monster kraken?
22. This elongated fruit makes a perfect giraffe neck
23. Hungry? Bananas provide the perfect quick shot of energy!
24. Don’t you hate it when your fruit bowl has a hole and your bananas escape?
25. There’s got to be an easier way to open these things?
26. Make it Madagascan with some stripey Lemur tails!
As you can see, the creative possibilities of just one item are endless! All you need is a little imagination and some basic art supplies to bring your concepts to life. To see more of Aravis’ creative ideas visit her on Instagram at @aravisdolmennna and read our interview with her Making extraordinary images out of ordinary items with Aravis Dolmenna