When photographing cosmetics and beauty products the easiest way to add context to your lifestyle shot is by styling them where they are used the most - the bathroom!
At first the bathroom might not seem like the most interesting location or backdrop for your photo but once you have a scroll through our list of clever product placement ideas you’ll be looking at yours in a whole new light.
We’ve compiled 15 different ways to style and photograph products from your very own bathroom. Even if you are short on space there are plenty of placement ideas here for you to experiment with on your next product shoot.
On the edge of your bath
2. Using your floor tiles
3. Sitting on some folded up towels
4. On top of the laundry hamper
5. In a bubble bath
6. Placed on the bathroom sink
7. Inside your bathroom cabinet
8. On your shower ledge or shelf
9. Placed on the back corner of the bath
10. Standing on a side table
11. On your bathroom window sill
12. Inside your laundry hamper
13. Styled on some bathroom shelves
14. Inside the top drawer of your bathroom cabinet
15. Over the tub on your bath caddy
There you have it, 15 unique placement ideas for your next beauty shoot. With each of these spots in your bathroom you can play with different perspectives to get the perfect shot.