At Creatively Squared we connect brands with Content Creators across the globe to produce beautiful, authentic, cost effective visual content at scale. We’ve created imagery and videos for huge brands like Unilever, Google, Johnson & Johnson, General Mills and are diving into iconic national brands. We’re also bootstrapped and profitable 🦄
Our purpose is to inspire the world's creatives to do what they love and be paid fairly doing so. As a Senior Front End Engineer you will be a key part of our Product Team.
We’re a group of smart humans located throughout the world who work hard, have fun and spam our virtual watercooler chats with far too many gifs. We’re big believers in kind radical transparency and don’t fill up your calendar with endless meetings
Flexible | Equity Share | Life Friendly | Work From Anywhere | Team Retreat
About you (and what you’ll be working on)
We are looking for an experienced front end developer to join our Product team. You will collaborate with other engineers, designers and managers to build enterprise driven products. You will also be partly responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date component library that reflects our product design. If you thrive in a start-up within a small team without the crazy hours, we would love to meet you.
What else? Time for some bullet points.
- You have good experience and comfort communicating with an API
- You write clean, maintainable, scalable and well-tested code
- You’re detail oriented implementing the right solutions and designs
- Git, nodeJS, API integrations and AWS are second nature to you
- You’re comfortable working in an agile environment as a team player
- You’ve ideally got some experience with GraphQL with Apollo
- You’ll be collaborating with the Head of Product and other designers and engineers to create the best possible products
- You can make pragmatic scoping decisions, optimize realistic timelines as required and minimize risk
- You can perform positive code reviews and provide useful feedback
- You know how to navigate at times complex conversations between backend, frontend and design requirements
- You can explain why you and the team are doing something a certain way for the best outcome and articulate a long term, scalable vision
- You can provide mentorship to the rest of the front end engineering team and can educate team members outside of Product
- You have a start-up spirit, are happy to test hypotheses and always strive for a balance between what is ideal and what we need right now
- You have a strong empathy for customers, creators and our projects team
- You enjoy staying up to date with new tools and tech and are familiar with current best practices including in performance, security and usability
- You’re familiar with product and design lifecycles
- You have excellent communication skills
Looking for bonus points? We’ll give them for...
- Working at a growing startup previously (1m ARR > 20m ARR)
- Prototyping, sketching and rough drawing is advantageous to help with comms
- Experience with GraphQL with Apollo, nodeJS & API integrations
- Familiarity with Figma, AWS, Notion and Airtable is a plus
- Knowledge of current visual trends in social media, design and photography
Don’t have any of these? We still want to hear from you if you think you match 70% or more of this job description. Show us why we need to chat with you!
Why Creatively Squared? Here’s the benefits to you
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- Opportunity for equity at a growing bootstrapped startup
- Career progression - we’re a small team but are nimble and offer the opportunity to spend some time in different areas
- We offer a flexible work environment. You work at the times best suited to you as long as there’s some overlap with the rest of the Product team a few days per week (especially for releases and the start of sprints)
- We do annual team retreats to catch up with all your colleagues somewhere on this globe (pandemics aside)
- During the week we do spontaneous quizzes or games you can choose to participate in and we have monthly virtual (and we’re told very fun) catch-ups
- Unlimited vacation policy - if you work with us, we trust you to get the job done and know when you need time off, a minimum of 4 weeks per year
- Lots of encouragement and enthusiasm for your ideas and our support in actioning any that make sense for us at the time (+ the ability to make an impact!)
Join our diverse team
We know that the more diverse our team, the better we are at solving problems, learning from one another and gaining different perspectives. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people with disabilities, LGBTQIAP+ identifying people, people from diverse linguistic backgrounds, womxn and non-binary folx. We do not require university level education. We’re focused on creating an environment where you can do your best work and our team, policies and practices are free from discrimination and harassment. We’re always continuously learning and eager to hear how we can do better.