Q&A with Maggie Pana from Kreo Home
Tell us a little about yourself Maggie:
It’s always so hard to talk about yourself…. Am I alone here? Haha… well here it goes…
- Proud mum of two girls Helena & Dallas (basically mini versions of her).
- Wife of Chris Pana (who constantly annoys the shit out of her).
- Swears like a sailor.
- Loves colour and quirk (but always dresses in black, white or grey?? That’s because her
- mind is colourful!)
- Age…. Let’s just not talk about that!
- Loves the Grand Prix
- Hates the word ‘cheers’ used in any other context than clinking glasses together!
- Addicted to: Online shopping, Netflix and Smurfs Village game on IPhone.
- Social media guru and totally obsessed with technology.
- Loves a good party!
- Adrenalin junkie – her list of jumping exercises includes: skydiving, rap jumping, bungee
- jumping. Who knows what’s next!
- Loves skiing!
- Listens to trance.
How would you describe your own personal creative style?
I’m all about colour, quirk and a whole lot of edge! I like to break the rules in every aspect of creative style, whether it’s through bold colours, cheeky design or just plain simplicity. I change my style with the wind these days, but they do stay change is like a holiday right?
What led you to start your own homewares store?
China did! I was so over seeing cheap and nasty homewares wherever I turned. I would scan the internet for unusual décor from around the world (just imagine how much it cost me in postage!), locals markets etc.
So Kreo was born with a focus on Australian made/handmade products which evolved into a platform for Australian creatives. A one stop shop for all things with soul and passion.
These days Kreo is heading more into the digital market, with helping our local creatives with their social media game through workshops, guest speaking, social media strategies and so much more.
In honour of this week’s theme, can you tell us about what ‘home’ means to you?
Home to me means warmth, love, memories and moments. I tend to buy art and décor which invokes emotion, memory and a moment. I do this as I love to walk around my home and feel or remember the moment/memories attached to those choice pieces. Sometimes you will laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes smile, these are just some of the feelings and memories that have shaped you.
We think it’s great that you celebrate unique and emerging designers, what are some products from your store that inspire and delight you?
That’s hard! I love everything! So I will go with three of our newest creatives that
What will you be looking for when you judge this weeks challenge?
Beak the rules, dare to be different, show me your edge, attitude and what sets you apart from
the ‘same same’ style out there! I cannot wait to see what our awesome Instagram peeps are
going to come up with! Good luck to everyone!